RealMed recognizes that preserving your privacy is absolutely crucial. As professionals in the health care information business, we further understand and respect the sensitivity of an individual’s health and demographic information. Therefore, RealMed will endeavor, through this policy and our practices, to protect your privacy while using our web site. Separate privacy policies and laws govern any health care or other information transmitted over the RealMed Network.
ARTICLE 1: PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED THROUGH THE REALMED WEBSITE.
RealMed does not collect any personally identifiable information through our web site except that which is voluntarily provided by individuals requesting follow-up and responses to inquiries or required in order to gain access to certain portions of the website. Information from our website visitors may include name, street address, email address, organization, title, subject area of interest, and comments/questions.
In addition, RealMed collects information regarding the network, browser, and operating system used by persons accessing our site. This latter group of technical information is provided as standard Internet information by each user’s browser.
ARTICLE 2: USE OF INFORMATION.
Information collected on RealMed’s web site will be used by RealMed for one or more of the following purposes:
Individual Contact Information
- To provide direct follow-up to persons requesting additional information about RealMed
- To provide ongoing communications in such forms as newsletters, news alerts, and/or recurring special interest/promotional e-mail follow-ups
- Aggregate Information
- To improve content, design, and overall usability of our website
- To perform a demographic analysis of web site users
ARTICLE 3: REALMED INTERNAL PRIVACY CONTROLS/DISCLOSURE POLICY.
RealMed will endeavor to maintain the confidentiality of the web site's user's information. E-mail responses, while retained, are stored internally in a secure manner and not forwarded to individuals or organizations outside the company. Similarly, contact information is stored on secure internal, limited access databases that will not intentionally be shared with entities external to RealMed.
Under normal usage circumstances, RealMed will not intentionally disclose personal contact information of its website users to third party organizations. RealMed maintains a policy of cooperating with governmental and law enforcement agencies. In the event that a governmental or law enforcement agency makes an allegation that a RealMed web site user is engaged in unlawful activities through use of the RealMed website or otherwise, RealMed reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action it deems necessary or appropriate under the circumstances, including disclosing user information requested by the government or law enforcement agency.
ARTICLE 4: ONGOING COMMUNICATION – YOUR CHOICES.
In the event that RealMed offers any opportunities to receive ongoing communications in forms including but not limited to newsletters, news alerts, and/or recurring special interest/promotional e-mail follow-ups, website users will always be given both the opportunity to either register to receive this communication and/or cancel information subscriptions at any time.
ARTICLE 5: OTHER CONSIDERATIONS.
- RealMed may offer opportunities for discussion forums through our website. In this situation, users of RealMed’s website should be aware that personal information disclosed during forum discussions could be collected and used by others.
- RealMed will encourage third parties with whom it has agreements to develop and follow appropriate privacy policies. However, RealMed does not bear any responsibility for policies or actions of such third parties.